Put all unapproved contracts on hold, Labuan Corp told
Published on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Labuan: Labuan Corporation (LC) has been urged to put all contracts which have yet to be approved on hold until a new council is appointed for the local authority by the Ministry of Federal Territories.
Labuan PKR Chief Simsudin Sidek who raised the issue also said that the newly-appointed members taking office should be able to execute five implementations immediately, which are:
– To establish an audit committee which oversees all approved projects and contracts and also rectifies and renegotiates terms which do not benefit the welfare of the people here.
– To immediately review the inequitable terms outlined in the contracts with food operators at the newly-opened Labuan food court (Medan Selera).
– To create an administrative reform that practices efficiency, transparency and accountability for everyone.
– To give priority in employment opportunities to locals: and
– To carry out projects that directly benefit the residents of Labuan.
He stressed that the five issues are crucial once a new council is formed for LC and that immediate actions should be taken.
Simsudin also met with PKR de facto leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim and PKR vice-president Nurul Izzah at the hospital he (Anwar) is currently warded in, Tuesday evening.
During the meet, Simsudin presented a letter which highlights 18 issues on the development of the duty-free island, in hopes that the ruling government will strive to accomplish. – Iffah Dilaney